I’ve been testing out StriVectin-SD Intensive Treatment for Stretch Marks and Wrinkles for the past 9 1/2 weeks. I’ve applied this product religiously twice a day and I think the results are great! You want to see the after pic, don’t you? Check it out and get the full review on Babble.
It’s been a busy month! Here are some other highlights from Babble:
- I wondered if “age appropriate” is an outdated concept now that people are taking care of themselves and looking younger into their 40s and 50s. Have the rules changed?
- I lusted after some ultra-luxurious gold cosmetics and found budget alternatives.
- I attempted to demystify the skin-lightening ingredient hydroquinone and showed where to find it.
- I found 25 products that are great for detangling kid’s hair. Psst… these work just as well on adults who are prone to tangling.
- I learned that I may not be as cute as I think I am. Darn!
- My personal favorite post of the month is a roundup of fun, half-moon manicures to try.
- If you’ve ever been curious about which supplements really support healthy skin, hair, nails, and weight loss, this is the post for you. I spent a lot of time researching it!
- Beachy waves! I love them. I found 25 awesome tutorials that show how to create them.
Posted in Babble, General, Products
Tagged anti-aging, anti-wrinkle, babble, beachy waves, cellular turnover, half moon manicures, hydroquinone, intensive concentrate, nia-114, niacin, parlordiary, peptides, product, skincare, sonya, sonya lee benham. parlor, stretch marks, strivectin, strivectin-sd, treatment, wrinkles
I’ve signed up through Influenster to try out Fysiko Eyelash Growth Serum for the next 16 weeks. I’m really excited because I have really small lashes, as you can see from my “before” pic.
“Fysiko” means “natural” in Greek, which is fitting since this eyelash serum is formulated with all-natural ingredients like peptides, amino acids, vitamin E, olive oil, and thyme. It promises to make lashes fuller and longer in 6 to 8 weeks and double the length in 8 to 12 weeks.
Today is my 3rd day using Fysiko Eyelash Growth Serum. Application is super quick and easy. You just swipe the product along your lash line with the applicator brush and you’re done. I’ll be checking in every few weeks with an update so stay tuned!
Note: I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.
Posted in Before & After, General, Products
Tagged before, before picture, eyelash growth serum, eyelash serum, eyelashes, Fysiko, influenster, longer lashes, parlor, parlordiary, product, product review, sonya, sonya lee benham, trial
Question: My son and I love his long hair but he hates to wash and/or brush it. The lil’ ragamuffin has a perpetual rats nest on the back of his head. How can I keep the dreads from forming? My mom used to use “no more tangles” on my hair as a kid – I haven’t seen it though and wouldn’t it make his hair greasy looking?
Answer: I absolutely recommend a conditioner and/or detangling spray for kids! They shouldn’t make his hair look greasy, although you may have to try a few brands before you find the one that works best for you and your son. I usually prefer leave-in conditioners for kids just because I find them easier to use. Choose a heavier cream-based formula like Mixed Chicks Kids Leave-in Conditioner for thick or curly hair. For finer hair, a detangling spray like Fairy Tales Static-Free Detangling Spray should do the trick. Always detangle with a wide tooth comb when hair is wet and use a soft bristle cushion brush on dry hair. I’ve read great things about The Knot Genie, which promises to detangle gently and painlessly.
For more product recommendations for detangling, check out my post on Babble, 25 Awesome Products for Detangling Kid’s Hair.
Posted in Motherhood, Products, Q&A
Tagged babble, babies, baby, bedhead, brush, comb, conditioner, detangle, detangling, detangling spray, dreads, fairy tales, hair, kids, knot genie, knots, leave-in, mixed chicks, parlor, Q&A, sonya, sonya lee benham, treatment