I’m not much of a Valentine’s Day person but I’ll use any excuse to do something fun with my hair. This side bun is a little special thanks to three knots that adorn one side. It’s just sweet enough without being overly romantic. As always, it’s very simple and easy to create. So grab a small hair band and some bobby pins and let’s get started.
The full instructions are after the jump.
Side Bun with Knots
1. Divide hair into two sections by parting diagonally from the right side of your forehead down to the left side of your nape.
2. Twist the right section into a low bun and pin in place.
3. Take a section top left side of the remaining section and divide it into two strands.
4. Tie these two sections into a knot just as you would tie your shoelaces.
5. Next, incorporate hair from your section to each of the ends.
6. Tie another knot.
7. Repeat steps 5 & 6 incorporating any remaining hair in the original left side section.
8. Continue knotting without incorporating hair until you reach the end and tie off with a band.
9. Wrap the knotted ends around the bun you already created and pin in place.
Done. Hope you all have a Happy Valentine’s Day whether or not you have a significant other. I (heart) you! If you try this updo, please send a picture to me at email@example.com