Question: Hello! I recently saw a girl with cool messy wave/curls. She said she did it with a flat iron not a curling iron. If you haven’t already covered it could you show how to achieve this look with a flat iron?
Answer: Absolutely! Flat irons are perfect for making loose waves that are perfect for summer. Here we go…
Flat Iron Waves Tutorial
1. Section horizontally about 1 ½ inches from the nape.
2. Take vertical subsections and comb them straight out from the head.
3. Spray with a heat protecting hairspray. I’m using Aquage Working Spray.
4. Use the curling iron to create the wave by wrapping the hair around the iron and twisting slightly as you pull it down the hair strand.
Making sense so far? If not, watch the video for a better idea of how to wrap and twist to create your waves.
5. Alternate the direction that you are twisting the iron.
6. Continue in this manner up the head.
7. When you get to the top, where the head starts to round, pull the sections out parallel to the floor. This will prevent you from creating too much volume at the scalp.
8. Be strategic about the two sections in the front, at your part. Be sure to twist the iron back to create a wave that moves away from your face.
9. Run your fingers through your hair to break up the curls. Use a little finishing product to help smooth out ends and tame fly-aways, if desired.
I love this look with a center part!
P.S. The winner of the Rusk Deepshine Oil is… drumroll… Laurie Wyatt. Congratulations!