Attention anyone with sisters, mothers, girlfriends, wives, coworkers, cousins, aunts, etc. Here are some fun little finds for the girlie girls in your life. Slide a few of these items into her stocking and you’ll be her new hero. It’s the little details that make us happy…
1. Sephora’s “Curl It” Eyelash Curler works like a charm and it’s the perfect size for her to take anywhere.
2. L’Oreal Professionnel’s Force Vector Thermo Active Leave-In is still one of my favorite products. It’s a light styling cream and heat-activated treatment that smells like fresh cut roses. Delicious.
3. Thyme’s Frasier Fir Candle smells like a real tree only better. If you live in Chicago, you can pick one up at the awesome gift shop Fixture in Roscoe Village. If Patty is working, tell her that Sonya sent you. It won’t do anything for you but it might possibly make her like me more which is good for me.
4. The Falsies Volum’ Express Mascara by Maybelline. Got this tip from Rebecca of Cooking With My Kid. I tried it and it’s the real deal, people. Makes your lashes longer and fuller than more expensive brands.
5. Moroccan Oil. This product works great for thick, coarse, damaged, wavy or curly hair. If you are in Chicago, swing on by Steven Papageorge Salon and either myself or one of my lovely coworkers will help you pick out a bottle.
6. Arbonne’s Seasonal Ginger Citrus Body Butter is as yummy as it sounds and you can get a pack of three minis – perfect for stuffing stockings. (Give two, keep one, right?) Contact Sara Hoyer Russell to order.
7. Nars eyeshadows. *Sigh* These are just to die for and all of the darker colors can be used as liner too.
8. OPI Glimmer and Shimmer Set. Two nail polishes and one free body shimmer. Three color options, all sparkly. Need I say more?
9. A nice lip balm is always appreciated in the winter months. Dermalogica AgeSmart Lip Renewal Complex is hands down the best lip balm I’ve ever tried and I’ve tried lots. You can pick this up at Steven Papageorge salon (or at least use our tester to try it for yourself!) If that’s a bit too pricey for you, my second fave is Clinque’s Superbalm.
10. Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream. Smells great and keeps cuticles from becoming brittle and splitting during the dry winter months.